Border Servant Corps serves a variety of social service agencies in the U.S. / México border region.
When you give to BSC, your gifts are shared with those whose lives we touch each day:
- an immigrant mother of 4 who fled her home to escape domestic violence received services that empowered her to leave her abuser and develop a healthy living situation for herself and her children;
- an asylum seeker from Africa who was persecuted for promoting democracy in his home country acquired legal documents to remain in the United States and now serves as an advocate for justice;
- a 17-year-old student living in a colonia community who participated in a program which connected gardening, healthy food, and youth empowerment became a Youth Leader, creating change within her family and community, and is now a mother making healthy decisions for her children;
- a single mother of 6 living in transitional housing who attended one-on-one health care classes and is now going to school for respiratory therapy;
- a 13-year-old boy who witnessed domestic violence in his home participated in non-violence programming and became a Peace Camp counselor; and
- a Nigerian immigrant who visited the border met her brothers and sisters in the faces of fellow immigrants and realized she is not alone.
There are many ways to support Border Servant Corps: supply in-kind donations of Time and Talent, provide needed items on the Wish List, or offer a financial contribution by Donating. Of course, the best way to support the BSC by sharing our story with others!
BSC is a ministry of Peace Lutheran Church, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization; gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.