Border immersions are designed to give multiple perspectives on border issues by:
- Speaking with first-generation immigrants.
- Visiting local organizations working with immigrant populations.
- Meeting with Border Patrol to learn about the realities facing border protection and law enforcement.
- Learning about immigration law.
- Building an understanding of economic policies and realities affecting people on the border.
Short-term (3-4 days) and long-term (6-7 days) immersion opportunities are available. Costs include room, board, and programming.
To inquire about or schedule a BSC Border Immersion, contact Border Servant Corps.